If you’re into gaming, then why not start investing in the industry next year? Experts claim that the sector is worth a whopping $180 billion, that’s more than the global movie and North American sports industry combined.
As a result of the pandemic, gaming has never been more popular as it represents the perfect escapism from daily reality. (And it’s very addictive nature too, of course.)
Microsoft’s Xbox is one of the leading consoles in the space, but there are still plenty of U.S. listed video game stocks to look out for. Here’s a list of just some of the potential ones you could buy right on the U.S. stock market.
U.S listed video gaming stocks
1. Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI) is a top video game publishing company. It is the publisher of many well-loved franchises such as ‘Call of Duty’, ‘Overwatch’, ‘World of Warcraft’, ‘Crash Bandicoot’, and ‘Spyro’.
2. GameStop (NYSE: GME) is the world’s largest retailer of video games that operates in around 4,860 stores in the U.S., Europe, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. Be warned, the company is one of the top meme stocks so expect volatility with this one.
3. Take-Two Interactive (NASDAQ: TTWO) owns two popular game publishing companies, 2K and Rockstar, which give gamers annual titles such as ‘NBA 2K’ and ‘WWE 2K’, as well as series games, such as ‘Red Dead Redemption’ and ‘Grand Theft Auto’.
4. Roblox (NYSE: RBLX) is a virtual game space company that brings together developers and players into one interactive, yet multi-faceted platform.
5. Unity Software (NYSE: U) is a cross-platform game engine that operates as a development platform rather than as a developer like Electronic Arts or Activision Blizzard.
6. Microsoft (NASDAQ: MSFT) owns Xbox, one of the most popular gaming consoles in the world.
7. Zynga (NASDAQ: ZNGA) is a big competitor to Activision Blizzard.
Some other U.S. listed video game stocks:
1. Allied Esports Entertainment (NASDAQ: AESE)
2. Corsair Gaming (NASDAQ: CRSR)
3. Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: EA)
4. Turtle Beach (NASDAQ: HEAR)
5. SciPlay Corp (NASDAQ: SCPL)
6. Super League Gaming (NASDAQ: SLGG)
7. NeoGames (NASDAQ: NGMS)